Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Another YES!!!!

Photo: The Teether, during happier times.
For the past few weeks we have had a serious flu running through our home. I am starting to think we should name it...why not? We name hurricanes, don't we?

If I could name this flu, I would name it Flu Pukahontas, because I think that sums it up quite nicely (there are other aspects of this wicked bug that I will not name, but I'm SURE you can imagine).

Not only are we dealing with the flu, but Lucie is teething...she is getting molars on both sides of her mouth, top AND bottom. She is not a happy girl lately at all. Wouldn't it be cool if babies were like gerbils and you could just toss them a piece of bark and let them gnaw on it for hours??

But here, in the middle of all the craziness, is some great news.... WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER BABY!!!

I was kind of hoping to lose some weight before I got pregnant again, but Richard Simmons never showed up at my house to help me. Darn it! I had my sweatband and my shorty shorts all ready, too.

Anyway, at first I felt slightly overwhelmed (not that I wasn't happy, I just kept thinking about the extra weight, the need for a minivan, etc), but I talked to some awesomely supportive friends, and my dear, sweet husband, and I don't feel so overwhelmed anymore. What's that saying, "Where God guides, He provides"? Yup. So I'm just trusting Him. I feel so grateful! Babies are always blessings, and I feel like we're building a little team here, lol.

2 comments:

  1. congratulations. Praying for a happy and healthy nine months for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY!!!! Congratulations!!!!

    As you may remember, I started out this pregnancy with at least 30 pounds of extra and was horrified by it. Amazingly enough, I am prayerfully listening to my body and at 30 weeks, I've only gained 7 pounds! I am not trying to restrict calories at all, I think I am just not being gluttonous and my body already has all the extra it needs. So don't worry... you won't necessarily put on another 25-35 pounds with this pregnancy.

    But even if you do? OH WELL! The baby is the BIG PRIZE for the injury to our pride, right?

    I love you to PIECES and am glad you added me, so I could some follow you again.

    ReplyDelete